Audacity is an open sourced software which enables users to edit and record audio files. It is open source meaning it is free to use, distribute and modify and is developed by a group of volunteers. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License. Even though its features are in no way on par with a professional level audio workstations, it is very intuitive for basic audio editing, mixing and recording tasks.
Features of Audacity 1.3.10Beta
- Audacity has a simplistic interface which allows even new users to perform cut, paste and delete in an easy manner.
- It supports various audio formats such as WAV, MP3, VOB, OGG, WAV, FLAC and many others.
- Includes support for 16 bit, 32 bit and 64 bit file files.
- An inbuilt state of the art Plugin Manager enables the user to easily add/remove effects from the menu in a user friendly manner.
- It can easily convert many file formats to another file type and can also modify the sampling rates by means of a high-quality resampling and dithering process.
- Audacity helps users digitize their recording which might be stored on other media such as tapes and gramophones. It helps those types of media to be saved in any digital format while minimizing the quality loss of the audio.
- Allows unlimited undo and redo operations making the work easier.
- The special Spectrogram mode allows users to view detailed analysis of the frequencies and select them
- Being an audio recorder, Audacity can record using an audio mixer or a microphone.
- Some plugins include support for various audio effects such as LV2, Nyquist, VST and some others.
How to download Audacity 1.3.10Beta
Download this popular audio editor from here.