Audacity is a free to use open source audio editing software through which users can record and edit their audio files. It has been licenced under the GNU (General Public Licence).It is one of the most popular audio recording and editing tool available on the market. It is available across a wide range of platforms such as Mac OSX, Windows and Linux with support for even legacy versions of these Operating systems.
Features of Audacity 1.3.13 Beta
- Easy to use and simple interface makes it appealing for new users.
- Supports various audio file formats including MP3,WAV, VOB, OGG, WAV, FLAC and others.
- Active user community helps in troubleshooting issues.
- Audio can be recorded from the microphone or through other digitized media.
- User can export or import their own audio files in various audio formats with the ability to do multiple files at once.
- Features support for 32-bit, 24-bit, 16-bit sound files.
- Integrated powerful plugin manager helps in adding and removing effects to the audio files.
- Includes support for LV2,Nyquist, VST, LADSPA and Audio Unit effect plugins etc.
- Spectogram mode helps in visualizing and selecting audio frequencies.
- Large array of keyboard shortcuts enables user to manipulate tracks and selections.
- Unlimited amount of undo and redo operations can be conducted by the user in sequential manner.
- Allows conversions of an audio file in various file types and formats through the process of high quality resampling and dithering.
- Helps the user in digitizing their audio recording stored on legacy devices such as tapes and gramophones. These files can be saved digitally with minimal loss in quality.
How to download Audacity 1.3.13 Beta?
Like Audacity? Download it from here: