Audacity is a free digital audio editing software available for most operating systems like Windows, MacOS, Linux. It is also an open source recording application used for audio editing. The app allows the user to record live audio tapes and edit them. Audacity can be used to convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs. The app was started by Dominic Mazzoni and Roger Dannenberg in the fall of 1999. Audacity app was first released on 28 May, 2000. The app can be used for post-processing of all types of audio recordings by adding various other effects to the recording. Audacity app is written in C and C++ which makes it easier for the user to use.
Release notes for Audacity 1.3.4 Beta
- This version of the Audacity app features an all new welcome screen with introduction to Audacity.
- The app has added a new keyboard command which helps the user ‘Mix and render to new track’. (Ctrl+Shift+M)
- New keyboard shortcuts have been introduced to ease the work load.
- There is added support for VAMP audio analysis plug-ins.
- The solo button now only solos one track and a time and one track cannot be both mute and solo.
- The update features enhanced Windows shell integration which allows the app to appear in many places like “Open With”.
How to download the audacity app?
To download the Audacity app, click on the link given below. The download will start automatically. Click install after downloading and you are ready to go.
The Audacity app is a must have app for all music editors who love to experiment with sounds.