A popular open source multilingual digital audio editor and recorder application is Audacity. It is used to edit and record sounds. It is free and works on Windows, Mac OS and Linux like operating systems. Audacity was started by DOMINIC MAZONNI and ROGER DANNENBERG in 1999. As October 10, 2011 it was considered as the 11th most popular download with 76.5 million downloads. It won the SourceForge 2007 and 2009 community award for best project for multimedia.
Features of Audacity 2.0.2
- Audacity is used for post-processing of all types of audios, including podcasts by adding effects like normalization, trimming and fading. It has also been used to record and mix entire albums.
- It can be used to perform number of audio editing and recording tasks such as making of ringtones, mixing stereo tracks, splitting records into separate tracks and more.
- Audacity import sounds files, edit them and combine them either with other files or new recordings.
- High-quality resampling and dithering are used to convert sample rates and formats. It automatically converts tracks with different sample rates and formats in real time.
- It provides easy editing with cut, copy, paste and delete. It can edit and mix large number of tracks in which multiple clips are allowed per track.
- Audacity provides large range of keyboard short cuts. Keyboard is used for fully manipulating tracks.
- Plug-in installation, adding and removing of effects, generators from the menus can be handled by plug-in manager. We can also change the pitch without altering the tempo.
- It can create voice-overs for podcasts or DJ sets using Auto Duck effect.
- It has other built-in effects like echo, limiter, reverse etc.
How to download Audacity?
Now enjoy audio editings like making ringtones and many other things by simply downloading the software with a click on the link provided