Musicians and music lovers all over the world will always want to create their own digital music. Actually, creating music from scratch is not an easy task. First, you need to do the recording, edit it, mix different tasks and then export it. All this takes a lot of time and effort, but it’s worth it. If you are one of those looking for a free software, you are in the right place. In this article, we shall deal with Audacity, a freely available audio software. Audacity is a free and open source audio software developed by volunteers. It actually has all the basic features needed for audio recording. We shall see more of this in the coming sections.
Features of Audacity 2.2.2 RC2
Here are a few features of Audacity which make it stand out amidst the other audio software-
- Compatibility- Audacity is available for almost all the popular operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, GNU or Linux and so on.
- Recording- It lets you record live through a microphone or a mixer and also digitize recordings from other recording media.
- Easy Editing- You can easily cut, copy or paste as you wish. What more, you can also undo and redo any number of times in a sequential manner i.e., you can go back and/or repeat any number of steps any number
- Accessibility- You can use the keyboard to manipulate the tracks and selections through a large number of
- Analysis- It has a Spectrogram view for viewing and selecting frequencies.
- Export and Sound Quality- You can export your files into many file formats across sound qualities like 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit.
How to Download Audacity 2.2.2 RC2?
If you would like to try out Audacity, go to the link and download the file. Then follow the onscreen instructions to install Audacity and enjoy its features.