Audacity is a free, easy to use, open source digital audio editing and recording software which is available for Windows, Mac OS/OS X, *nix and other operating systems. It was built by Dominic Mazzoni and Roger Dannenberg in 1999. It is an open source software because its source code is available for everyone and anyone to study and use. Other than recording audio from different sources, Audacity is also used for the post-processing of podcasts by
adding effects like normalization, trimming, etc. It can also be used to record, edit and mix entire albums.
Features of Audacity 2.3.8
Features of Audacity are listed below:
- There are four themes to choose from that enable the user to adjust the look of the software.
- This option helps the user to schedule their recording.
- This option helps in editing the audio via cut, copy, and paste. It also includes the undo option. The editing can also be done through different modern features including navigation controls, zoom and single- track edit, non-destructive and destructive effect processing, etc. The audio speed can also be adjusted while maintaining pitch.
- Tapes and records can be converted into digital recordings or CDs.
- WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files can be easily edited using Audacity.
- Audacity supports multi-channel modes with sampling rates up to 96 kHz with 32 bits per sample
- The Graphical User Interface of Audacity is not only in English but is also translated into Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Welsh and other languages.
How to download Audacity 2.3.8?
To download Audacity, follow the given download button.