Audacity is a multi-track audio editor. It was developed by the Audacity Team. It was released in 2000. It is available for numerous platforms including Microsoft Windows, Linux and macOS. It was written in C and C++ by Dominic Mazzoni and Roger Dannenberg. It is an open source software, that is, anyone is freely licensed to use, copy, study, and change the software in any way, and the source code is openly shared. It is used for the post-processing of podcasts by adding effects like normalisation and trimming other than recording audio from different sources.
Features of Audacity 2.5.3
Some of its features are listed below:
- It allows users to record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media.
- It allows users to import, edit, and combine sound files. The users can export their recordings in many different file formats, including multiple files at once.
- It supports 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit. The users can convert sample rates and formats using high-quality resampling and dithering.
- The users can modify effects in the text editor or they can even write their own plug-ins.
- Audacity allows to edit audio with cut, copy, delete and paste features.
- It offers the users large range of keyboard shortcuts through which tracks and selections can be fully manipulated.
- It has a spectrogram view mode for visualizing and selecting frequencies. The users can plot spectrum window for detailed frequency analysis.
How to download Audacity 2.5.3?
Audacity can be downloaded through the given below link-