Audacity is a free and open source audio player. Released in May, 2000, Audacity is a digital audio editor and recording application software. The software is compatible for Windows, macOs, and Unix-like operating systems. In the year 2009, it became the 11 the most popular software downloaded from Source Forge. In addition to recording audios from multiple sources, Audacity can be used for post-processing of all types of audio including podcasts by adding effects.
Features of Audacity 2.5.6
- Audacity has an Audio spectrum analysis using the Fourier transform algorithm.
- The software come with four user-selectable themes which allow users to select the appearance and look for their application.
- Recording and playing back sounds is another feature that makes Audacity unique. This feature further comes integrated with Timer recorder, Scrubbing, MIDI playback and Punch and Roll recording. Using timer recorder, an unattended recording can be started and stopped as per the convenience.
- It allows conversion of cassette tapes or records into digital tracks by splitting the audio source into multiple tracks.
- Easy editing via cut, copy, paste and unlimited undo options.
- Audacity supports multi-channel modes along with sampling rates up to 96 kHz with 32 bits per sample.
- It provides a large array of digital effects and plug-ins. Noise reduction based on sampling the noise to be minimized is available.
- The software automatically detects the dropout errors while recording with an overburdened CPU.
- It has amplitude envelope editing with precise adjustment to the audio speed while maintaining pitch.
How to download Audacity 2.5.6?
The following link can be used to download the software.