Audacity is an audio editor and sound recorder application which runs on various platforms like PCs, Unix, MAC OSX etc. Audacity can be classified as FOSS( free and open source software) which can be accessed by licensed users. Developed on 28 May 2000 by Audacity Team, it was initially released on version 0.8. Audacity is a digital audio editor and the entire source code of the same is written using high-profile C/C++ programming language. It provides numerous functionalities for audio editing, transforming, cleansing, trimming and modifying. Currently, Audacity is working on version 2.1.0 as of March 2015 but many advanced versions are also available. Being an audio recorder and editor, Audacity contains many traits which make it demanding. It offers cool audio editing tools and music effects. It gives users a pick of customization according to their preference.
Features of Audacity 2.6.1
Audacity inhibits some of the amazing features and characteristics which adds up to its credibility. They are:-
- Free of cost, ease of installation.
- Globally available.
- Modular architecture implies simplified execution.
- Conversion of audio tapes to digital tracks is easy and convenient.
- Cross-platform operations on heterogeneous sources.
- With the addition of numerous effects to change speed and pitch, cut, copy and slice is also available.
- Record live audios from PCs or other sources.
- Supports wide range of formats.
- Analysis of Audio spectrum can be done.
How to download Audacity 2.6.1?
To download the app in your device, you would have to click on the below provided link. Download the app and install it.