Audacity is a digital application software which is used to record and edit audio on Windows, MAC and a few other systems. It was released in the year 2000 and by the end of 2018 it has over 60 million downloads. It is quite popular due to its open-source and as it is free, making the software accessible to even amateurs who wish to record live audio and cut, copy or paste – altering the audio in the way you’d like it.
Features of Audacity 2.6.3
Audacity consists of remarkable features. Some of them are:
- Record and play audios
- Edit your sounds using Cut, Copy, and Paste and mix tracks together or trim the audio
- In-built amplitude envelope editor
- Can convert tapes and records into digital tracks by splitting the audio based in the source material
- Noise reduction or vocal reduction available
- Adjusting audio speed while maintaining pitch of the track, and vice-versa
- A vast array of plug-ins and digital effects that can be used on your recordings
- Import and Export different sound files
- Deletion and muting sections of audio
How to download Audacity 2.6.3?
1. Audacity is provided just below the article After clicking on the link provided below, Select save file when the option pops up. Then download has begun.
2. When it has downloaded, open the software where you then install the .exe file by clicking on it and accepting terms and conditions as per usual.
3. The interface of Audacity opens and you can go to ‘File’ on the top left and select ‘Import’ if you wish to choose an audio that already exists in your system.
4. You may now start editing and recording!
Audacity is very easy-to-use and appealing because of its available features.